Hip Hop Street Dance Party to kick off Fitness Xplosion 3. From the studios, let’s take the street to the tent!
Here’s the much-awaited annual convergence of various dance crews and members of the Philippine Dance Community!!! Together, we are united!!!
FEATURED DANCE CREWS:
::: FLIPENDEMIC KRU
::: FRESH FLOW
::: FUNK ROOTS
::: HYBRIDS OF FREEDOM
::: LIMITED EDITION
::: PHILIPPINE ALLSTARS
::: PINOY FUNKIN’ STYLES
::: TEAM PACKAGE MAKERS
::: THE CREW
Party Music by DJ DIGG BEATS!!!
Special Performance by BIG SHIFT DANKA MASTERS!!!
Appearances by Kenjhons and the Rokstars, plus other SPECIAL SURPRISE GUESTS!!!
FREE ADMISSION!!! First Come, First Served!
Click “JOINING” and post your a comment to reserve a ticket for yourself. We will announce when the tickets may be picked up.
HYBRIDS of FREEDOM presents: NO ESCAPE! (Krump Battles event)
MAY 26, 2013 (SUNDAY) 3pm Onwards @GFV DANCE STUDIO in SAN JUAN!! (165 Alfonso Street Pasandena)
MAIN EVENT: ALPHAEUS vs BLACK ZIK
1000 vs SWITCH
MONSTA XYBROID vs R-KIDD (formerly known as Riot)
MASSACRE vs EYESCREAM
G-FAB vs TWIN XYBROID
BOI VENGEANCE vs ADRUM
VISION vs LIL TRASHTALK
LIL SOUL HAKA vs YOUNG SWITCH
GIRL SOUL HAKA vs VENUS
BABY XYBROID vs GIRL MURDA
LADY R-KIDD vs GIRL SWITCH
LIL ALPHAUES vs SOULJA WILDIRE
SOULJA MASSACRE vs LIL WILDFIRE
KID VENGEANCE vs YOUNG WILDFIRE
BOI PATIENCE vs LIL SWITCH
CROWNTHORN vs YOUNG ALPHAEUS
KID ALPHAEUS vs PRINCE PATIENCE
100 pesos for Audience fee.
150 pesos for Battler fee.
CRAZY BATTLES GOING DOWN SO BRING YOUR SQUAD, LAB, AND HYPE! -1000
DAVAO CITY - Groove Unlimited Dance Community (GUDC) has kept busy since summer has officially started here in the Philippines. About 3 weeks ago, GUDC -spearheaded by Offlimitz has once again reached out to fellow dancers in nearby city, Kidapawan and held the successful dance workshop under the dance program The Bridge.
THE BRIDGE is a Kidapawan City grown dance program initiated by Offlimitz and Turning Pointe School dedicated to the hip-hop, urban and street dance enthusiasts in the area. Its goal is not only to bring in choreographers from different areas but as well as to slowly bring all the dancers together and contribute to the regular acquaintance and good will in the growing dance community in North Cotabato.
Offlimitz, being one of the pioneers of GUDC, teamed up with some of the Davao choreographers to a hold an opening workshop to jump start the 2nd Season of the Program .
(Photos provided are from GUDC’s FB Page)
Bryan Grandeza (founder & director of GUDC)
Lloyd Callao (Director of Allianz; choreographer of Groove Unlimited, Smooth Killaz & X-plosion)
Marlouie Villarico (choreographer of Distinct Feature, Groove Unlimited & X-plosion)
John Paul Balones (choreographer of Bandila Fusion &; X-losion)
Takahiro Kaneko (choreographer of Distinct Feature, Groove Unlimited, Alt Groove & X-plosion)
Jhoey Zulueta (founder & director of JAZ Up Danz Crew)
Kevin Jan Fruto (choreographer of JAZ Up Danz Crew, Lipstick & Girlfriends)
Also you might wanna mark your calendars for GUDC’s upcoming event Groove Stylz! Happening in May.
ARE YOU READY FOR GSX?? GUDC has been posting teasers and featuring videos from GSX 2012 on their FB page and group. So if you want to get the latest better check out their official pages and follow.
Like the official GUDC page
Add official FB Group to receive regular updates
GSX Promo Video
in order of apperance:
Bryan Grandeza (founder & Director of GUDC)
Bandila Fusion (Dilam Calig-onan, Jack Manolo, Jan Aleksei Larion)
JAZ Up Danz Crew (Jhoey Zulueta, Kevin Jan Fruto, Ayana Merquita)
FACES (Brian Berenguela, John Carlo Jabonete, Vanj)
Alternative Groove (Noe Ross Calicdan, Bon Lian VIdoy, Ace Soriano)
D12 (Ryan Co, Aike Putian, Keeshia Uy)
Lord’s Artwerkz (Bjorn Ortega, Peeyah Piatos)
Allianz (LP Solarte, Dexter Lagang, Don Angeles)
Distinct Feature (Takahiro Kaneko, Marlouie Villarico, Kim Fong Lee)
B-side (Jonathan Endonela, Keanu Penas)
Groove Unlimited (Lloyd Callao, Kenneth Delideli, Jestoni Rivera)
Filmed & Directed by Gianne Carlo Chua
Co-directed by Bryan Grandeza
Set Assistants: Ken Kintanar & Eyah Redona
Special thanks to Aubrey Yee & Soundbox for the venue
2013 – Rafi
Please support HYBRIDS of FREEDOM as we raise funds to send the crew to Singapore Dance Delight Vol 4 to represent the Philippines through KRUMP this April! Your favorite Philippine dance crews will be performing together with the other winners of Philippine Dance Delight Vol1. This is one grand dance community gathering! Don’t miss it!
Sharing this poster on your timeline would also be a big help. Thank you in advance!
We are also selling the World Domination tshirts at the concert: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=518910168151398&set=a.190064411035977.38368.121700387872380&type=1&relevant_count=1
Kindly wait for further announcements regarding pre-selling of tickets.
Please send a message to this page or contact Vinz at 09176995861 for inquiries.
DAVAO CITY – On February 17, 2013 Groove Unlimited Dance Community (GUDC) came together as one family to celebrate yet another milestone for their Dance School for the year (SY 2012-2013). A year of training classes and workshops, it’s that time again to give recognition to all the teachers, staff and most especially the students. Event was held at the NCCC Mall of Davao, Matina Crosssing Ma-a Road.
THE CULMINATION is an annual event to officially end another great school year. It is a day to recognize works, individuals, talents, dancers, choreographers, crews and groups of their achievements, accomplishments and contribution to GUDC and to the community.
The Culmination replaced the February/March Groove Stylz event. Groove Stylz formally became a summer event of the GUDC starting 2010. – GUDC
The CULMINATION Promo Vid
(video by Bryan Grandeza)
(Recognition) For organizing/ conducting events and workshops
11. B-side Tribe
12. Popping Tribe
13. Happy Tribe
Most Improved Dancer
1. Stephen Rey Estilo (JAZ Up Danz Crew)
2. Harvey Mateus (Alternative Groove)
3. Jan Aleksei Larion (Bandila Fusion)
4. Kyle Galvez (D12)
5. Kleizer Gata (Distinct Feature)
6. Joseph Joshua Franco (Allianz)
7. April Janine Uyan (FACES)
8. Dexter Guibone (Groove Unlimited)
9. Jed Sumampong (B-side Tribe)
10. Alfred Jett Grandeza (Thesis)
Most Improved Crew: Alternative Groove
1. Groove Unlimited for being the first to represent Davao City in an international hip-hop dance competition.
3. Gerald Manangan for sharing his knowledge and expertise in the field of dance.
4. Dan Salvana for sharing his knowledge and expertise in the field of dance.
5. The Academy as the most promising crew of Davao City.
6. NCCC mall of Davao for the support given to GUDC for the entire school year.
6. Smashville Fitness Center for the support given to GUDC for the entire school year.
1. Mediamen, photographers, bloggers for the support given to GUDC
2. Incoming Graduates and Board Passers
3. All GUDC abroad
4. All visiting dance teachers
5. All crews who represented Davao City in regional and national competitions\
Kool-Lab Project Awards:
Most Attended Class : Ian and Keeshia (56 students)
Best Select Group : Ian and Keeshia’s Class
(Kyle Galvez, Kim Fong, Bon Vidoy, LP Solarte, Merlyn Alair)
Faculty of the Year : Kevin and Pax
Duo Competition Champs : Jan Carlo Jabonete and Sarah Jessica Bravo
Special thanks to “The Respect” by GCC clothing line for the prizes
1. Dilam and Nikki (2007-2008 Champ)
2. Lex (2009-2010 Champ)
3. LP & Tzum (2010-2011 Champ)
4. Kareena (2010-2011 Champ)
Guest Performers: One of GUDC’s commitment is to help give the much needed exposure to groups who are just starting by offering them intermission spots in the programs.
2. Southpoint School Dance Club
3. Fresh Lips
4. Reverent Knack (Kidapawan city)
5. The Academy (Awardee)
Photo of the Year: “the Prayer” by Sarah Dayrit
Video of the Year: Aike Putian — How Many Drinks by Miguel
(Video by Gianne Carlo Chua)
GUDC Extends their heartfelt gratitude to those who have helped in making The Culmination a huge success:
SPECIAL THANKS TO EVERYONE for the love and support.. for continuously believing in us.. for inspiring us.. you are the reason for all these..
- EMCEES — for the great help in making the event a memorable one.LA SubidoAya MerquitaJabs Umpar
- STAFF and all volunteers– for all the help and assistance in the entire skool year1. Sarah Aquino2. Eyah Redona3. Shen Sabater4. Zai2 Factolarin5. Jay Lagmay6. Pamblo Balones*Aldrin of JAZ Up for assisting in the stage preparation
- COUNCIL — for offering their expertise by sharing their talents, skills and experience to the dance community1. bboying — Gino Royo, Keanu Penas, Kevin Descalsota, Jonathan Endonela, Roel Ares2. Popping — Bjorn Ortega, Takahiro Kaneko, Jackrey Capidtoan3. Freestyling — Gats Lopez, Alfred Jett Grandeza, Josh Abella, Jan aleksei larion, Karl Jarabello4. Waacking & Vogueing — Jhoey Zulueta, Kevin Jan Fruto, Brian Berenguela, Stephen Estilo, Kenneth Alquirez
- FACULTY — for offering their expertise by sharing their talents, skills and experience to the dance community
- CREWS and TEAMS — for helping out in keeping our events and activities worth attending
- Photo credits to Gianne Carlo Chua and Reverent Knack
Also announced during the event were selected 10 Teams for GUDC’s upcoming Groove Stylz. Happening on May 26, 2013 at CAP Auditorium.
10. Offlimitz (Kidapawan City)
12. Rhythmic Illusion (guest performer)
Stay tuned for Groove Stylz updates all the way from Davao’s premier dance community, GUDC.
2013 – Rafi
Get a chance to meet and greet hiphop royalty ReQuest Crew and cop exclusive signed merchandise by joining the Ayala Malls CROWNS UP! promo.
Here’s how to join:
1. Tweet us a photo of your best Crowns Up! pose.
2. Tag the participating mall of your choice (@gloriettatweets, @AlabangTownCntr, @AyalaCenterCebu, @trinomatweets)
3. Include the official hashtag #CrownsUpAyalaMalls
Three lucky winners per mall will be chosen! Promo ends March 10. Click here for full mechanics: http://www.facebook.com/notes/ayala-malls/crowns-up/548182371872382
Davao City - On February 23, 2013, Groove Unlimited Dance Community (GUDC) in partnership with Hybrid and Killer Bee co-organised HYBREED 2013.
What GUDC says about the HYBREED:
Through the years, GUDC has been working on to learn, improve and explore the field of dance.. helping each other grow and find their own comfortable and preferred style.. a gesture of fertility brought about by the love shared between each one resulting to the constant breeding of styles..
HYBREED is an event dedicated to the GUDC choreographers who have been so instrumental in the movement of the dance community. It is a night to showcase these amazing people through their specially prepared pieces.
- Quote lifted off GUDC’s FB Page.
The Line-up of Performing Choreographers
1. Shen, Zai, Eyah, Jesamie, Keeshia
2. Karissa, Ellaine, Ayana, Sarah, Micole, Jericah
3. Ryan, Mike, Sheldone
4. Pamskie, Pax, Aris
5. Aike, , Lloyd, Kennard
6. Dilam, Jack, Ian
7. Jhoey Z, Kenneth D, Noe
8. Pen2, Brian B., Nike
9. Kevin, Aldrine, Kenneth A
10. Taka, Bryan G, Marla
The above choreographers representing GUDC come from different crews and sub groups, namely:
4. D12 (Dirty Dozen)
7. Faces of Groove
10. Lord’s Artwerkz
11. Smooth Killaz
12. Swagg Fam
15. Girl Friends
17. Fresh Lips
“The movement relies on those who infect passion and leadership.” – GUDC
GUDC dedicates this event to the future choreographers and leaders of the dance community. Considering they plan on making this an annual event, gear up dancers and choreographers, see you all next year.
FB Page :
Photo Credits : Gianne Carlo Chua ( lifted off of GUDC FB Page )
Thanks to Bryan Grandeza for all the information
2013 – Rafi