It’s that time of the year again when every dynamic dancer, every seasoned judge knows what it feels like to be a part of the biggest, toughest and hottest streetdance competition of the year – the Skechers Streetdance Battle! Now on its 8th year, expect even more intense action as close to 100 dance crews from top high schools and colleges battle each other for streetdance supremacy.
Expect awe-inspiring moves from the country’s best dance crews as they clamor on for prestige and glory. Join them on September 22 at SM Mall of Asia for a grand kick-off party and the 1st elimination leg to catch thrilling performances to officially begin the streetdance season. The Skechers Streetdance Battle then heads on to SM City Fairview on September 29 and 30 where the next round of eliminations takes place. The excitement continues on to SM City San Lazaro on October 7 and 13 for a chance to battle it out in front of 16,000 people in the Final Battle happening on November 17 at the SM Arena.
Without a doubt, Skechers Streetdance Battle 8 is the one battle that counts!
The Skechers Streetdance Battle Year 8 is brought to you by Skechers, Skechers GOrun and Skechers Time, in cooperation with ETC, and the Official Campus Magazine Partner CHALK with media partners Ms. Clavel Sneaker Magazine and Juice.ph. Official event venues are SM Mall of Asia, SM City Fairview, SM City San Lazaro and SM Arena with special thanks to SM Department Stores.
For more details on the Skechers Streetdance Battle Year 8, visit http://www.skechersstreetdancebattle.com.ph or like us on Facebook: SkechersStreetdanceBattle and Follow us on Twitter: SkechersPH.
Due to the number of registrants (34 groups) for the group category, we decided to have a screening. The participants were asked to send a 2-minute audition video.
Listed below are the teams who will battle it out for the title!
Team representatives will receive a text message for more details.
Congratulations and God Bless!
CHOSEN GROUND 8: DOMINATE
September 29 | 7pm | SM Marikina
iDance Club is a non-profit dance organization aiming to develop the youth’s talent through dance. It is composed of different dance groups nationwide.
In celebration of the National Book Week “Libraries: Effects on Society,” we are planning to hold an event this November 25, 2012, in partnership with University of the Philippines – Future Library and Information Professionals of the Philippines (UP-FLIPP) entitled “NO BOUNDARIES 3: InfoNation” an Inter-High School Dance Battle.
At the same time, we are going to celebrate our 3rd year anniversary …
For more Information:
0917 4107488 / 0922 8491318
- – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - –
NO BOUNDARIES 2012
Inter-High School Dance Battle
November 25, 2012 (3pm)
Atrium, Isetann Manila
Open to all High School Dance Groups
Criteria for Judging
Use of Music 10%
B. Technical Skills
1. Groups will be judged by a panel of judges appointed by the organizer. The decision of the panel is final and no correspondences or inquiries will be entertained.
2. The organizer reserves the right not to award any of the prizes should the entries in the judges’ opinion fail to meet the required standard.
3. The organizer reserves the right to publicize, and or broadcast the winners’ names, images or characters at any time the organizers deem fit.
4. The organizer reserves the right to cancel any competition category if there is insufficient participation.
5. The organizer reserves the right to change, amend or withdraw any of the rules and regulations stipulated without notice.
1. The competition format is group-based only. Maximum of two (2) groups per school.
2. Each group should consist of 6 to 8 members.
3. Each group can be all-boy, all-girl or mixed group.
4. The dance style should be all forms of Street Dance (old school or modern style).
5. The duration of the dance should not exceed 4 minutes. Include LIBRARY (information) AND SOCIETY (nation) Choreography as we celebrate the National Book Week.
6. Present your school IDs before the performance for verification. Only eligible students can join to represent their school.
7. Vulgarity, obscenity and explicit contents are not allowed.
8. All participants should provide their own music CD, costumes, hair styling and makeup.
The prizes for winners are as follows:
First Prize Php 15,000.00
Second Prize Php 5,000,00
Third Prize Php 3,000.00
1. A registration fee of Php 500.00 per group must be paid with the registration forms. All paid fees are non-refundable nor transferable.
2. Participation is on a first-come-first-serve basis.
3. No replacement of participants is allowed throughout the competition.
4. While the organizer will take reasonable care in the proper and safe conduct of the competition, participants shall be personally responsible for the safety and well-being of his/her person and his/her participation in the competition. The organizer will not be responsible for any injuries or mishaps sustained during the preparations and course of the competition.
5. All participants must submit the registration form on or before November 18, 2012